“real man don’t hide abuse”
In South Africa, gender-based violence – which encompasses any kind of violence (physical, sexual, emotional and psychological) against women and children – is widely spread and an issue of serious concern. Up to 40% of South African women have experienced sexual and/or physical interpersonal violence in their lifetime.
Woman and man came together to protest against gender based violence… By campaigning against gender based violence in public places we aim to raise awareness within communities about the violence perpetrated against women and children.
With the gender based violence program we aim to reduce gender based violence trough educational programs and campaigns
– We are assisting those who are effected with psychological support
– We are referring to other organisations where needed
– We are campaigning against gender based violence to raise awareness
– We organise community dialogues to discuss and raise issues
– We organise talk groups for the victims